COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Thank you for the continuous confidence you have placed in Southlake Orthopaedics Sports Medicine and Spine Center for your orthopaedic care.
The safety and health of our patients and staff continues to be our primary goal.
Southlake Orthopaedics is taking comprehensive safety measures to ensure our practice complies with the guidelines outlined by the law.
Our practice will follow the policies provided by Grandview Medical Center, Brookwood Baptist Medical Center, MedPlex Outpatient Surgery Center and Birmingham Surgery Center as they pertain to elective surgical procedures.
Do not hesitate to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your orthopaedic care and treatment. Southlake (MedPlex location) 205-985-4111 or Grandview 205-605-8180. Telehealth appointments will continue to be available to patients who prefer not to make an appointment in person.
The following measures are being taken to ensure the safety of patients who choose to make an appointment in our clinics.
In an effort to avoid a crowded waiting room, Southlake Orthopaedics has implemented the following check-in process at our MedPlex (Valleydale Road) and Grandview clinics:
- All patients will be contacted the day prior to their appointment to confirm visit and screen patient with preliminary questions.
- Patients will be asked to complete registration paperwork via cell phone or if not utilizing the technology, manual paperwork without delays will be presented to patient at time of visit. There will be no utilization or shared patient check-in tablets that come in.
- We are requesting the patient “only” to enter clinic unless assistance is required by patient.
- Medplex (Valleydale) Grandview patients will be allowed to enter clinic and seating has been arranged for appropriate “social distancing.” In addition, patient volumes have been staggered to accommodate social distancing. We are requesting the patient “only” to enter clinic unless assistance is required by patient.
- Patient temperatures will be checked upon arrival for their appointment.
- Each patient exam room will be wiped down and disinfected in between patient examinations for extra cautionary measures. This includes tables, doorknobs, handles, faucets and sinks.
- The public waiting room areas will be wiped down periodically throughout the clinic day of operations for disinfecting common surface areas.
The Safety of our patients and healthcare team members is always a priority at Southlake Orthopaedics
Our practice is prepared to reduce risk factors and we have a plan to protect
patients, staff and visitors while providing medical care.
Protect Yourself & Others
Preventive actions can reduce the spread of respiratory diseases like coronavirus.
Wash Your Hands
Wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer containing 70% or more alcohol.
Cover Your Mouth
Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing with a bent elbow or tissue and immediately dispose of the tissue.
Don't Touch Your Face
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces you frequently come in contact with.
Stay home when you are sick with respiratory symptoms, except to get medical care.
IF YOU ARE SICK
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises: mildly ill patients should be encouraged to stay home and contact their healthcare provider by phone for guidance about clinical management.
Patients who have severe symptoms, such as difficulty breathing, should seek care immediately.
Older patients and individuals who have underlying medical conditions or are immunocompromised should contact their physician early in the course of even mild illness.