William S. Craig IV, M.D.
Dr. Craig grew up in Gallatin, Tennessee. He attended Quillen College of Medicine in Johnson City, Tennessee. One of Tennessee’s state medical schools, Quillen is known for its strong emphasis on physician-patient communication, a value Dr. Craig maintains in his practice today. He completed an internship in Internal Medicine at the Medical College of Virginia, and his residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, in 2008.
He and his wife, Martha Anne, a native of Birmingham, decided to make Birmingham their home in July 2008 when he joined the team at Southlake Orthopaedics.
Dr. Craig specializes in the comprehensive evaluation and treatment of spine, musculoskeletal, and peripheral nerve disorders. He values patient education, and his primary goals include decreasing pain, increasing functioning, and assisting patients’ return to an active and healthy lifestyle.
Training & Education
James H. Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, Tennessee 2004
Internal Medicine Residency
Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia 2005
Physiacl Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 2008
Areas of Specialty
- Comprehensive non-surgical spine treatment
- Musculoskeletal pain (arthritis and injuries to the muscles, joints, and bones)
- Electrodiagnostic medicine (nerve testing for problems such as carpel tunnel syndrome and sciatica)
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound, and ultrasound-guided joint and nerve injections
- Diagnostic and therapeutic nerve blocks and neuroablation
- Sports medicine
- Medplex Outpatient Surgery Center
- Brookwood Baptist Medical Center
- Birmingham Surgical Center